Saturday, December 02, 2006

iCE sTORM In KIRKWOOD

NO Power, after the Ice Storm...
We're at Ted and Diane's house tonight, They were nice enough to have pity on us,we're been the last 2 days with no power, so, No HEAT..

We had a roaring fire in the fireplace, and managed to heat water for tea, with a sterno and a saucepan balanced on top of two small metal loafpans. Doing without surely makes one Creative!!!!!!
I was determined to work on an oil painting, so went down to my studio, in the basement, and had enough light to sort of see what I was doing. It eventually got too cold, though, so I brought my canvas and paints upstairs where I had a bit more light. I'm pretty sure the painting is done, its one of my students, Alyssa. I can't post it yet because I've got to get on my computer and upload the pic..

Right now I'm on Teddy's laptop, and I kinda like it. It has no mouse, and it takes a little getting used to.

Their
house is so cute, and they have done so much, I'll have to take some current pictures and post them, too...

3 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Hi Sandra,

I read you blog through your sister and feel so sorry for you being in the cold. We are cold here, but not with the ice and stuff you guys have had. I admire your dedication to you art and will enjoy hearing how it goes when you have power.

One Crabapple said...

no HEAT !!! Brrrrrr ! that is crazy !

I saw you visiting Linda and came to visit you here....

I love your portraits !

I need to look around and investigate around here a little more.

Gosh I hope you get your power back on soon. That must be horrid !

Won't it be wonderful to be snug in your own home again !

Love, S.

Sandy Graeser Haynes said...

Guys, thanks for the moral support. It's hard to post on the blog when you can't get to your computer. I'm at school now. --- My bad------