Saturday, June 02, 2007

Fun Saturday !!




What a Day !!



First- Baby and Family pictures/ follow-up photo shoot for Tracey.......


Second- The most interesting wedding I've ever attended. One of my favorite former students got married, and her new husband is Mexican. They had an 8 piece mariachi band at the church, and then later at the reception. Many there were former students of mine, including both of the bridesmaids, and the brides brother. It was a lively wedding, and very "peppy" to say the least ( as the brides mother put it)..... My daughter was able to attend with me, and hopefully I'll be able to post some of the pictures she made, later. On top of the wedding cake sat a bride and groom (made from fimo clay, by Sara, the bride) in the style of the "day of the dead" celebration from Mexico. It is looked at as a festive occasion, rather than something morbid- but the wedding topper was so delightful, with the skeleton bride and groom smiling at one another, PRICELESS... Also, my sweet Sara is going to college in Bloomington, Ill. and is studying to become a high school art teacher...... WOW ! What JOY !!

No comments: