Monday, June 04, 2007

For my retirement party MY CAMERA had been dropped on the cement floor at Shop n Save, and I didn't get any images. Darn...
My daughter got a few shots, I think, anywho, the people that I work with are the best ! and we have a great community that is very supportive. Some of the fun stuff was this dancing doll (I'm the one that is always dancing, even in the hallways between classes) and some signage, making me feel LOVED...... I got books, a beautiful hand-thrown vase, from the pottery and ceramics teacher, Jan. Most of my friends either got me wine, or books, which I love...... The department went together and got me a carved frog sculpture from the Botanical Gardens here in St. Louis. The "cards across the mantlepiece" is a Graeser family tradition-- but you can only leave them up there about a week (newer, Haynes family tradition)... The book was compiled by a sweet Social Studies teacher, Kim, she distributes pages for faculty and students to sign for the retiring teachers, It's very special !! Thanks to all of you ! I love you guys, and will miss you all soooooooooooooooooooooo much -----------

2 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

May you have a brilliant new creative fun trail blazing ahead! Happy Retirement!

Sandy Graeser Haynes said...

Tongue, Thanks for the encouragement.... Anyone fortunate enough to live in France has my attention. Your stuff is so great. Thanks for visiting my blog. sandy (Roxy)