Thursday, February 28, 2008

Reaching my Goal ??






It's finally time for the art show that I've been thinking about for so long. When I set this up, it seemed as though the time would never arrive. Well, the nails are now empty in the studio that I share with my granddaughter and her toys.... It looks deserted, and the livingroom floor is an obstacle course of canvas. Here is the accumulation of over one years work, all in one place, which is kind of fun for me. I didn't quite meet my goal (to create 100 portraits), but I guess that was a bit unrealistic, anyway. There seems to be over 50, though, and hopefully the faces that are "in" the show have all somehow been notified, either by email, phone or postcard. Even though this has taken up so much of my life for the past year, I will miss it. It gave me purpose, and heaven only knows, we artists NEED purpose and direction....... Or I do, anyway.
The ART SHOW OPENING RECEPTION will be held on Sunday, March 2, from 2:00-4:00 at the MONDAY CLUB in Webster Groves, at 37 S. Maple Ave.
IF you would like to see the show, but can't make the opening , the gallery at the Monday Club is open to the public Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 9:00-11:30 AM. and also open Sundays, from 1:30-4:00. All the portraits are for sale, also.

I think I gave myself this challenge, first to SEE if I could do it. If I COULD get a likeness in an oil portrait, and also, to provide a destination to work towards. I've certainly loved every minute of the process !

3 comments:

Kris Heyde said...

Sandy: I am so proud of your hard work and passion. I can't wait to see you at the show and view all of the portraits. You journey was amazing and enjoy the results.
Love ya, Kris

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work! I am SURE that you will have a amazing show!!! I certainly wish that I could se it. :) Great post!
*HUGS*
Angela

Mary Timme said...

Wow! it is impressive to see all spread out! Wow! Again!