Saturday, February 09, 2008

Sacred Heart's "Arts Day" in Eureka, MO.




Lin and I were part of Sacred Heart's Art Day, where students participate in the Arts for the entire day at school. They attended hour long classes in dance, drawing, painting, cooking, poetry writing, and lots of other wonderful activities. Our friend, Connie Bachmann, who is a terrific art teacher and organizer, brings the whole idea into a reality. Connie is part of the Monday Night Ladies, a group of 6 art teachers who have been meeting and creating weekly for a number of years in the Eureka area. Sue Hinkel, another Monday Night Lady ,was present also, to teach a lesson on drawing to the Sacred Heart students.


Lin and I shared the art room. Linda taught a watercolored moveable figure, and I had 4 groups that worked in clay. They learned the pinch method, and made rattles by joining 2 pinchpots, and adding clay pieces to the inside of the rattle, to make the noise after they are fired. It was fun to work with young people for a day, and share in their enthusiasm..... They were truly delightful, and very respectiful ! During the lunch hour, I had a group work on drawings, and they are holding up their final drawings for you to see. I felt they all did very well...... Hope to go back and do this again next year....

2 comments:

jairwin88 said...

mrs. haynes. this is jessica irwin from ANP. email me sometime and let me know how retired life is treating u. jairwin88@yahoo.com look forward to hearing from u.

Anonymous said...

Ohh how wonderful! It is absolutely delightful to be around younger artist's! I can only imagine the fun time that you had! I love their drawings! Thanks for sharing all of this with us!
*HUGS*