Friday, September 14, 2007

Last Baby Quilt (for awhile, anyway)

This was going to be a "quickie" quilt, cause I had lots of strips left over from Tracey's quilt, and I was just going to make a quilt for Weston (Ted's very old, dear friend, Steve had his first baby recently).
Well, much to my surprise, it has taken a few "turns" and become a major deal.... The reason is, I decided that the cool colors of the original quilt (at the bottom) needed a warm additional color, to bring them out.....
If you look at the color wheel, you will remember from art class, that warm colors, red,yellow, and orange, (fire, sun, heat) are on one side of the color wheel, and blue, violet, and green (ice, water, snow) are on the opposite side of the wheel.


So, I added the salmon color, and merrily sewed the additional strips in, well, LO and BEHOLD- nothing matched up !!! and I had to proceed to take every last seam out, reposition them, and restitch... well, by that time, I was pretty tired of looking at the whole thing, and I set it aside for a week.....
I finished it this morning, and will take it to the ladies over at the Quilting group at Cur of Ars church, to be quilted...... Yes!- NOW I can get back to my PAINTS- hooray !


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A "quickie" quilt! LOLOL Well even so you couldn't tell to look at it. It's beautiful! *HUGS*