Tuesday, August 14, 2007

School DAZE



Today is the FIRST day of school. In honor of that, I've thought about how I could use my time better now that I am Not Teaching.!!

I don't have to get up at 5:00 anymore, and leave by 6:30 am, and arrive home (most days) at about 5:00 pm. So, instead, I thought it would be completely "do-able" to at least get 5 hours of work done (artwork, that is) a day. I will get to my studio by 8, or so, and work til 1, and then I will have the rest of the day to do whatever I want to do--

I know myself well enough to know that I need this kind of structure, even if I have to impose it on MYSELF.. If I do what I am best at, instead of wasting time doing a lot of scattered stuff, I will be productive, and I know that THAT makes me happy..

It really helps me to organize my thoughts, and in turn to organize my time, when I have a plan like this and stick to it. I sure hope it will work. If I ever plan to be a successful painter, and sell my work, then I need to devote the time and energy to that goal.... Here Goes !!`

No comments: