Monday, August 06, 2007

Picking up the Pieces

We are finally getting the rest of the GARAGE SALE stuff put away- what a CHORE !!



My sister and I had a garage sale last Fri. and Sat. ( we thought we'd try for a 2 day sale this time) and we had so much left - PLUS IT WAS SO UNBELIEVABLY HOT - that we decided to let it sit in the garage until the following Sat. and run the sale again. Well, it was worth it, although by the end it looked like a "Dollar Store" -ha ha . We carted the remaining items to Goodwill- it took two carfulls ! and I still had tables, pictures, 2 boxes of books, a few items that I JUST COULDN"T QUITE part with until this morning. WOW- it makes you think about our nature to "Consume" so much. We were sitting in the hot sun, on Saturday, and my sis said she was not going to buy anything she didn't need anymore.... Well, I whipped out our pad to mark our sales on, and wrote out that statement.... Handed it her to sign, and then I signed it too !!!

I hate being wasteful. Being less of a "consumer" is going to be foremost in my decision making from now on. Now that we are retired, that extra cash we save we can use for a little trip somewhere, I hope.....

No comments: