Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Budget Decorating !

Well, I forgot to take a "before" picture, but here is the "after".....
Yesterday I was looking for fabric to make curtains for my daughter-in-law for her livingroom/diningroom. These simply designed ones were inspired by some my sister made recently for her kitchen, and familyroom. Anywho..... I stumbled across this cute fabric and the lining of yellow, for $2. a yard, and couldn't resist. I came home and started right in cutting, measuring, pressing and experimenting. I did have to get the electric drill out this morning in order to move the curtain rod up about 5 inches, and then decided to cover the chairs to match... I was very excited about the outcome.... amazing what a little time and $20. can do !!

This breakfast room is not one we use very much, but it is important as an aesthetic element as we pass by it or through it dozens of times each day.... It will cheer me up !


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

lindaharre said...

Really Cute!!! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Great post!Thanks for sharing with us! *HUGS*