Sunday, January 20, 2008

Last weekend.....



A month or so ago I encouraged my daughter to enter a photo contest at a gallery in St. Charles. (I am part of a yahoo group called CRITICAL MASS, which is very informative about all the arts, and things that are happening in and around St. Louis-that is where I heard about the show)

We had enlarged some of her travel photos from Tibet, and they were mounted on boards ready for hanging. She took them to the jurying and made the show... This is the first time she has gone through that process. Anywho, she took 3rd place at the opening last Sunday, which went along with a ribbon (big deal, you say) and a check , too.. She and her friend,Kristy, were there for the awarding of the prizes, as well as her dad and I.....

We stayed for a sip of wine, and a bite of cheese, and to look at the photos, and artwork, and mingle with the crowd, which was quite respectable.. When we were leaving - of course, I had to snap a picture or two for the blog- we got out the door, and the manager of the show came after us outside..... She said to Tracey, "The comments about your work were very positive, and many people took the time to leave their impressions of your photos." Off the record she said that the judge of the show had wanted to give Tracey the "Best of Show" award, but had not done so because her things were Not Framed..... (Afterall, it IS a frame shop and gallery that sponsored the exhibition) Oh Well, Tracey was pleased, and overall it was a pleasant learning experience..... But, AS MARTHA would say, "It's all about PRESENTATION", and I guess that's true in photography, too...... Ha!!

2 comments:

lindaharre said...

WOW....you didn't tell me that! Tracey.....You Go Girl! I am sooooo proud of you:D I have always thought you were at the top of the heap, but to hear it from one who deals with art daily.....that is really nice! Keep up the wonderful work! We will be seeing a lot more of your work getting praise and recognition. Love you, Auntie

Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOOO!Sounds like you are doing wonderfully!!!!!!!Congradulations to you and your daughter. I know that you are proud of her. :) *HUGS*