Sunday, November 04, 2007

I LOVE TO RECYCLE !

(click on any picture to enlarge---)


I love to Recycle !





Our local community has a "state of the art" Recycling Center, with facilities to accomodate almost any kind of recycling. Paper, Plastic, Cardboard, Glass, Aluminum, and Steel Cans, Newspaper, Magazines, and Junk Mail. I keep separate containers in my garage for each of these, and wash everything out, so I'm not bothered by little creatures, either crawling or flying... Our bins fill up in about a week or so, when I bag up everything in separate grocery sacks, and load my car up, to head toward the center of Kirkwood, where I always find LOTS of people doing the same thing. Our local WHOLE FOODS will take the recyclable materials that can't go to Kirkwood. Styrofoam trays from the meat department, that have a recycling symbol on the back can be taken there !!!!


Good for saving Natural Resources


Good for the Environment (less trash in landfills)


Good for my trash (it cuts my trash down to about one small


bag or two a week )


Good for my peace of mind (it makes me feel as though I'm doing


something positive )


Good for my relationship with my daughter (she's hounded me


forever to do this ! )


Good for keeping me organized in my garage... HA !

No comments: