Saturday, April 19, 2008

Book Club



We had so much fun this week, at Sylvia's house ( striped shirt in picture) discussing our book club book, "Captains and the Kings" by Taylor Caldwell. It's a hefty one, at about 800 pages, filled with great characters, well developed and multi-leveled, and a story line which has been compared to the Kennedy family, although it is in fact, fiction...
I had read the book long ago after my dear Aunt Nita recommended it to me, and it has been my favorite book for a long time. One reason she had recommended it was because of the references to a world-wide Secret Banking organization, which supposedly controls lots of the politics, wars, and affairs of countries around the world. It is based on facts, and still is in existence today. It is "eye-opening " to read and think about. In fact, Sylvia mentioned during our discussion that Taylor Caldwell has been on the F.B.I. list of people investigated for many years. They have "kept their eye on her"
Since we are officially "Wine, Women, and Prose" I thought I would show us before the discussion in our "wine mode" tee hee. We always have a lively discussion, Barb keeps us all on track, and we enjoy hearing and sharing our ideas. !!

No comments: