Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Laura-only a start--- Brittany almost done !



Off School today!-- Snow and Ice Storm !!



I was able to paint and relax after getting the call that school had been called off because of the ice storm ( Our school depends on bus service for most of our students. We will probably have to make it up at the end of May, unless we have a couple extra days built in to our calendar.....


I got a good start on Laura's pic, and finished Brittany pretty much. The blonde hair was challenging, but allowed me to work light over dark for depth and interest. It was fun......

2 comments:

Mary Timme said...

I like the hair on both your paintings. Isn't it fun though to get a day off once in awhile, even if you are the teacher!

lindaharre said...

You certainly have the essence of Laura!!!!! I love the portrait of Brittany! The hair looks great! Did you have school today? Valentines Day? Just wondered:) Of course we did!!!