Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My brushes are a very important tool in my work, as you well imagine. I spend lots of time, maybe an
hour sometimes, cleaning them thoroughly after a painting session. This is why I was so excited to
discover this new type of brush this week.. I wanted to share it with you.
It's made by a company called Escoda, and I found mine at a local store called Art Mart, but maybe
you could find them on the web too, I haven't checked yet. What is so nice is the shape, which is
similar to a filbert, but comes to a point in the middle. They are soft sable hair, I guess, and they reshape
nicely after being cleaned. They are wonderful to work with. If you see this brand, you might want
to pick one up and try it. I found one, accidentally, and went back this morning, and got 3 more. (It always
seems that if I find something I particularly love, they discontinue it by the time I go back to get it
again) ha ha..... The brushes are made in Spain and have the number 1461 on them, which I guess
is the series number. I got three different sizes, which work well for my portraits. #8, #10, and #12....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary Timme said...

Neat information! Thanks!