Tuesday, June 20, 2006


It was fun today, getting to try the "Inspire Me Thursday" challenge, even though it was Tuesday. I went to my sis's house, and we shared the treasures we found at a wonderful estate sale Sunday, and then proceeded to create a finished piece, in a relatively short period of time.... it was fun. I remember trying that approach years ago, when I used to over-work my watercolors, and they would become muddy. I put a time restriction on them and they "freshened -up" a bit.
I created this environmental piece using antique bits and pieces, and this and that. The photo gives it unity, I think.
Let me say a big "thank you" to both of you girls for setting up these challenges. This is what I feel we do as art teachers, and sometimes we need someone to put an "assignment" in front of us for focus, and motivation..... This is positively a fantastic inspiration, thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

2 comments:

number four said...

you are so precious to me.

firstborn studio said...

SANDY!!!!
it's me denise!
i had no idea that you had a blog of your very own,until i just spotted your comment on my blog...yehaw,i have been waiting and wondering when you would jump in...so glad that you did.i miss seeing you,too.i would get so much inspiration from our visits and seeing all of your art and that of your "kids"...maybe we will meet again!i am teaching workshops and working at a shop on main st.in st.charles called rock,paper,scissors...it is a lovely,funky little place with the most delightful owner named corey.
well gotta scoot,would you mind if i added your blog link to mine?
mmmmwah!
p.s.number four is precious!