Sunday, April 23, 2006

Fun weekend. What glorious weather we have enjoyed. I got lots of studio time and found some nice treasures for my creations as well.
Sister, Linda, and her husband, Roger spent a delightful dinner with us on Saturday, and we got into a fit of laughter that must have added YEARS to our lives. Somethiing that was silly, but just struck us all as hilarious!!
Sunday I got to spend some quality time with the new twins, Hunter and Chase Westmeyer, so precious....
Was working in the studio on ATC cards for a swap my students are just finishing up at school. Each one picked a theme, and created 10 cards to trade, they really got into it and didn't want to stop. My topic was Native Americans, so I'll trade the ones I made, too.
This large box is made up of pictures I aquired at the antique mall. I started really looking at the faces, and found myself totally fascinated with the ideas in my head about all these people I have never met. I wondered about them as I compared the different stages of their lives in photographs. Pictures really do sometimes say a thousand words, especially when we have no words or voices to accompany them. I somehow felt strange about including them in my artwork, and then I felt as if I was giving them a chance to be seen and heard. I hope they would approve.....

1 comment:

Sandy Graeser Haynes said...

thanks, oki, I do love art of all kinds....