Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jimmy's birthday quilt


Our oldest son, Jimmy, had a birthday a few weeks ago. It was a gathering of family for the traditional crableg dinner, and 4 types of homemade cookies, rather than the birthday cake that most are accustomed to, but which were the request of the honoree.... We had a fun time, and I gave Jim the quilt that I had been making for him.
The quilt was made up of many Japanese style batik printed fabrics, in a masculine style of pattern and quilt stitching that will even stand up to the likes of Jim's dog, Castor, who has been known to lay himself down on the bed on occasion... I was happy with the results. It's a queen size, which is 90" x 108", and machine quilted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm back on your site again Mom, since you figured out the computer and are posting again! And I wanted to also say again how special this quilt is to me. What she didn't tell you is that part of the stitching spells out "Jim - Love Mom 2009", and that she chose the style due to my love of Japanese art and culture. The quilt is something I will cherish forever! Thank you so much Mom, I love you ~ Jim