Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Kris' day !






My buddy Kris and I had so much fun today. She wanted to learn to knit, so that was first on the agenda. She did so well that I proceeded to show her the method of "casting on" stitches, and also finishing off. (She's a quick study, tee hee )

Then, after knitting, and visiting (which we are both very good at ) and a little refreshment, we tackled the next little project, which was a small folding book, that I used to make with my students. It's very quick, and ends with a small book-like container of 6 pockets which can be stuffed with little messages, paintings, and thoughtful reminders, etc. We plan to each finish our little creations, and then bring them to our next get together, and share what we have made...... Just wait til you get to retire, it's so fun !

No comments: